STRIK Group recognises and respects your privacy, and this document indicates how we manage your personal information. STRIK Group is committed to and adopts the National Privacy principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
By completing the online induction or otherwise by providing us with your CV, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described by this document. If you do not consent or give us the information we seek, we may be limited in our ability to place you in a role within STRIK Group.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” and “Sensitive Information” are defined by the Privacy Act. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of Personal Information collected
Personal information that we collect and hold is generally information submitted and obtained from the Candidates and other sources in connection with applications for employment.
Purposes for which we hold Personal Information
We primarily hold personal information for the purpose of considering candidates for employment with STRIK Group and our clients which may be:
- Permanent employment
- Contract employment; and
- Candidate Marketing.
How your Information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you complete an online profile and submit a CV to us for consideration for a specific or general application. Personal information and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
How your Information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your Personal and Sensitive Information may be disclosed to:
- Hiring managers within STRIK Group;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers; and
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access and Correction
Subject to some exceptions listed in Privacy Principals 6, you have the right to see and have a copy of personal information and sensitive information about you that we hold. If any personal information or sensitive information about you is incorrect, you may request that we change that information.
Inquiries and Complaints
You can make further enquiries about our privacy policies or direct complaints to our Privacy Officer whose contact detail Melissa@strikgroup.com